Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Chocolate makes my clothes shrink...

My SINCERE apologies for the crazy time in between posts. Things have been crazy busy and I keep forgetting to bring my recipes to work so I can update my blog. I do all my interwebs stuff on my phone and it really sucks trying to update my blog, as well as adding pictures to it, via cell phone. So I have to bring the information to work and take care of it that way. I know, I need to get with the times and get some damn internet at home.. I just don't need any other expenses right now.

So, to update on the kids a bit: Falon is still loving school! She's doing so awesome and learning so much. I'm very proud of her and she comes home and impresses me with something new every day. She just had her birthday last Thursday, and she is officially a 6 year old. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? Who knows, but time is flying by way too fast and I really need to find a way to stop my kids of growing. I'm not really liking it. Rhylon is doing great. Surgery hasn't had any affect on him whatsoever. We did have a flare up a couple of weeks ago, he was swollen and it was red, but it's gone down a lot and is doing much better. He's sitting up on his own now, however, he's very top heavy, so that massive noggin of his makes him fall over.. a lot. He's trying his damndest to crawl, too. He keeps trying to get up on his knees, gets halfway there and then just gives up and starts crying cause he's so pissed off. Slowly, but surely! His personality started to show a while back, but now he's starting to really be his own person. He crinkles his nose when he smiles and it's cutest thing in the world. He squeals when he laughs. He laughs when you toss him in the air. He likes it when you make kissing sounds, he scrunches his shoulders up and smirks. I just love having a baby in the house again!

So moving on, I have a recipe for a chocolate chip pound cake and it's so simple and delicious.. you'll find yourself coming to this recipe often for a quick dessert.

What you need:

1 Duncan Hines box of butter cake mix (I usually use the golden cake mix, though)
1 box (4oz) of instant milk chocolate pudding mix (I was told not use fudge, but I do so anyway)
3/4 c. of canola oil
1 c. buttermilk (if you only have milk - refer to my Red Velvet Cake post and you can make your own!)
4 eggs
1 6oz. package of semi-sweet chocolate chips (I have used milk chocolate and the swirls before - so I don't think this one matters much)

Preheat oven to 325ยบ.

Pour cake mix and pudding mix into a large bowl- mix them together until there are no more lumps (can take up to 10 minutes). Add the remaining ingredients (except the chocolate chips) at once and beat thoroughly until mixed well. Mix the chocolate chips in by hand. You can use the flour trick so they don't sink to the bottom of the batter during baking, but I usually don't. The trick is just to lightly dust the chips with flour, get rid of an excess flour and fold them into the batter.

Butter/oil/spray (whichever it is that you do) your bundt pan and bake for 45-60 minutes. Rotate pan after 30 minutes. After 50 minutes, do the toothpick test. If not done, continue to bake and watch it carefully.

When done, let it cool for about 10 minutes before flipping it over onto a plate.. then let it cool and enjoy!

Here is a picture for your viewing pleasure (we might have ate a bit before I could get to it to take a picture.. haha):
Photobucket




Next week, if I can remember the recipe, will be a pie!! A very delicious pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment