Friday, July 15, 2011

You'll need magic and love for this one..

Look at me, keeping up with the blog like I'm supposed to! The way I see it is.. if I don't post, Google won't pay me.. so.. I guess my mind is made up.

I have THE best news.. at least for me. Baby boy slept last night for 7.5 hours. Oh em gee, you say? Oh yes, I speak the truth. Now, he went to sleep at 10, meaning he woke up at 5:30, which kinda stinks cause I usually wake up at 6 to get ready for work. We all know how crucial that 30 minutes can be, so while I may have been dragging ass today for being up so early.. I felt like I actually got some rest in over a year, which felt good. Now, I just need to catch up.. that could take some time.. Otherwise, baby boy has been doing good.. except I can't seem to keep up with him as far as milk goes. I certainly wish I could produce more for him, but he's just growing so fast.. I'm afraid I'm gonna have to go straight to pumping, which totally kills me and makes me want to cry. I'm going to hold out for as long as I can, think I can do it?

Falon is super excited about starting school this fall, she won't stop talking about it! This morning, she asked if she can have an alarm clock to put in her room so she can get up for school on time. If you ask me, she's so excited, I'm afraid she won't even be able to sleep the night before. The trick is, how do I let her have an alarm clock without her destroying it? She gets destructive when she gets bored.. doesn't every kid? Anyways, she can't wait till the middle of August rolls around so we can enroll her. I am absolutely terrified of her first day of school.. it just means that my baby girl is growing up, and if I put her in school, then I'll have to admit that she is. I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet. Or if I ever will be.

Christopher informed me that there might be a potential change coming up in our lives, and I'm really hoping for it to pan out, because we sure could use some luck. The "joys" of adulthood have really caught up to us and we're in pretty shallow waters. However, we're making it work as best as we can.. after all, we did have a baby when I was 19 years old.. if we can handle that, we can handle anything. And I must say, Falon has turned out to be quite a kid. I don't want to jinx ourselves or anyone else so I'm being very vague about it but if you're really wanting to know, you got my number!

Work is still, well, work. Nothing's changed except the fact that my having a baby really affected where I stand in the department. Sort of depressing that they'd rather give me no credit than any credit at all.. I only have 3 weeks of data for them to pull from, which just so happens to be my first 3 weeks back, so I was still getting into the groove of things. I'm trying not to let it get to me, but I just expected more I suppose. How could I think such a thing? Although, it is a business.. que sera sera.

Now that I've depressed myself, let's get on with the delicious part, I need something to wallow with. You can thank this recipe to one of the cutest people I know, Mr. Eyan Hempler. This recipe is super easy and slap yo mama delicious!

What you'll need for Eyan's Magical Peanut Butter Pie:

3/4 cup of smooth peanut butter (maybe a lil extra to lick off the spoon..)
1.5 cups of heavy cream
3/4 cup of powdered sugar
1 tsp of vanilla
One premade Graham Cracker Crust (or your favorite recipe - which I have one of my own, but I'll save that for another blog!)

Combine the cream, sugar and vanilla and whip your lil hearts content out of it until soft peaks form. Fold the peanut butter with half of the now whipped cream gently with a spatula. Add the rest of the whipped cream and beat until just incorporated, no more than that or it'll lose it's fluffiness! Pour into the graham cracker crust and you can top it with whatever you like, or just eat it like so.  What I do is make more whipped cream with just regular sugar and vanilla and top it with chocolate shavings -- below is a picture of one that Eyan made for work: drizzled with melted Hershey's kisses and mini Reese's cups. You can't go wrong with whatever you want on it, just as long as you don't forget the magic and love! ;) [Best served cold!]

 Mmmmmm!

Enjoy this decadent dessert and be sure to send love vibes towards Eyan for this one, cause after I had a bite of this, I almost kissed him! No lie..





No comments:

Post a Comment